Re: currval() without specifying the sequence name

От Achilleus Mantzios
Тема Re: currval() without specifying the sequence name
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
O kyrios ow egrapse stis Mar 9, 2004 :

> --- Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
> >
> > You could use the same sequence in many tables.
> >

> I guess I could but then:
>
> 1) I'd still have to know the sequence name. When integrating pgSql with 3party
> frameworks I'd either have to pass it there (could be a very difficult task) or
> make some assumptions (also not very good).
>
> 2) There may be a need to have different sequences being used in an app.
>
> 3) If one sequence is used, in many cases it'll have to be of type int8 and
> pgSql does not handle searches with int8 very nicely.
>
> Thanks

I dont think you have given solid reasons as to why somebody whould
want to do that (in order to be more specific and help you better),
but in any case:

foodb=# SELECT relname from pg_class where relkind = 'S';   relname
---------------footbl_id_seqfootbl2_id_seq
(1 row)

gives you a list of sequences of your current schema.

Then you can loop thru those to:

select last_value from <cur_seq>;
and get the maximum, but again what exaclty are you trying to do?

--
-Achilleus

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: