Re: IN and ANY

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: IN and ANY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Joe Conway wrote:

> regression=# select 1 where array[1] in (array[1]);
>   ?column?
> ----------
>          1
> (1 row)
>
> regression=# select 1 where array[1] in (array[1,2]);
>   ?column?
> ----------
> (0 rows)

The only reason I brought it up was that to me ANY and IN are pretty much
the same kind of operator. Up until now I thought that IN really was the
same as =ANY, but it isn't. I don't like that but of course I have to
accept it. I would rather have had some elem function/operator for arrays
like:
 1 ELEM IN array[1,2]

or
 1 = ANY ELEM arra[1,2]

But as usual I'm 6 months late with my objections :-)

--
/Dennis Björklund