Re: Problem with pg_hba.conf file in Postgres 7.3

От April Carvalho
Тема Re: Problem with pg_hba.conf file in Postgres 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Yes, that would help.  <feeling stupid>

The files in question were the ones referenced in pg_hba.conf:

host       db1  @db1_users          10.0.0.0   255.255.255.0    md5

There are actually several lines (and several user lists) in this file.
Files like @db1_users, were in /etc/postgresql/, since pg_hba.conf was
there. This made sense at the time, because, according to the postgres
docs, they should be in the same folder as pg_hba.conf.
However, the debian package has $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf has a link
to /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf.  Postgres is probably expecting
pg_hba.conf to be in $PGDATA, and Debain expects it in /etc/postgresql.
If I knew nothing of Debian, perhaps this wouldn't have happened.

Funny huh?

Btw, the $PGDATA variable *was* set after all, but just for user postgres.

Thanks for all your help.

April