Re: Named arguments in function calls

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: Named arguments in function calls
Дата
Re: Named arguments in function calls  (Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, elein wrote:

> Barring any override from the SQL200x standard,
> I would strongly suggest AS, too.

I kind of like AS also now after thinking about it. The only reason for =>
is that oracle used it, nothing else.

As I wrote in another mail, I will check out sql200x.

> >     foo (13 as x, 42 as y)

The only question now is if it should be that we call the function with
the variable x AS the value 13, or if we call the function with 13 AS the
variable x. I.e.
 foo (13 as x)

or
 foo (x as 13)

I don't know if one is more natural then the other in english. To my
swedish ear both sounds as good. I like (x as 13) a little better, but I
don't really care much what way around it will be.

--
/Dennis Björklund