Re: export FUNC_MAX_ARGS as a read-only GUC variable (was:

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: export FUNC_MAX_ARGS as a read-only GUC variable (was:
Дата
Re: export FUNC_MAX_ARGS as a read-only GUC variable (was:  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane writes:

> One could make a good case that INDEX_MAX_KEYS should be exported along
> with FUNC_MAX_ARGS, rather than letting people write client code that
> assumes they are the same.

You can determine these values by looking into the system catalogs.

> I was intending to propose that we also export the following as
> read-only variables:
>     * NAMEDATALEN

And this as well.

>     * BLCKSZ

Why would anyone be interested in that?

>     * integer-vs-float datetime flag

Here we should really decide on one representation in the near term.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net