Open Issues for 7.4

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Open Issues for 7.4
Дата
Re: Open Issues for 7.4
Список pgsql-hackers
Here are some issues that might need to be addressed before 7.4 goes out:

* ECPG has some new include files such as

datetime.h
decimal.h

that come as part of the Informix compatibility mode.  I don't think these
should be installed directly in $includedir because of potential
conflicts.  We can't rename them either, without ruining the compatibility
aspect.  So I'm looking for suggestions about what to do with them.

* Fix uselessly executable files in the source tree.  See my recent post.
Any ideas on that?

* I'm planning to merge some of Jason Tishler's Cygwin README into our
FAQ_MSWIN, plus recently submitted changes for the same file.

* INSTALL, HISTORY and the regress/README need to be regenerated.  I'll do
1 and 3 soon, 2 has to wait until the release notes are edited to death.

* There is a bug in configure that prints an ugly error message on systems
without nsgmls and certain weird shells (NetBSD, UnixWare, for example),
because they interpret the construct ${NSGMLS-false} differently.

* I've generated new man pages that are on the ftp server under
pub/dev/doc/man-7.4.tar.gz.  They need to be copied into the release
tarball as doc/man.tar.gz.  This was a lot of manual work this time, so
any further reference page changes need to be integrated by hand.

* Did we really decide not to rename the check_function_bodies parameter
to something more general?  Maybe I've missed it.

* PPC spinlock patch from SuSE.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net