Re: order by a string

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: order by a string
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stefan Leitich writes:

> i am developing with version 7.3.2 under cygwin. my production
> evironment is 7.3.3 on a suse machine.
> language settings (lc_...) for the server are on developing and
> production machine the same, 'C'.
> now i encoutered the following behaviour. i use a union select to unify
> a query result with an ' (all)' entry.
> i used at home a space on first character to ensure this entry will be
> on top if i am ordering by the column.
> it works in developing environment but it doesnt in production. in
> production i got a ordering result wich ignores special chars like my
> whitespace and the '('  and the all entry so comes for example after
> 'akk' and before 'amm'.

That is a pretty clear indication that the locale on the production
machine is not, in fact, C.  Note that the locale is set when the cluster
is initialized, so you may need to re-initdb.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: Excute comnands OS from plpgsql
Сообщение: Re: Excute comnands OS from plpgsql