Re: SET within a function?

От darren@crystalballinc.com
Тема Re: SET within a function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You can try COALESCE function where by if you have a null you can make it
have a default value and that default value will be a value the field
never reaches

i.e. COALESCE(NULL,'') = COALESCE(NULL,'')

HTH
Darren

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&frame=right&th=26ef31219ae11442&seekm=3DF52206.5060507%40mascari.com#link6

> > > Is there any way to match NULLS to each other (as I am looking for a
> > > literal row, not using NULL as the UNKNOWN). I suppose I could put in a
> > > dummy value for the 'Not a valid value', but it seems to be quite awkward
> > > when I really do want the NULL.
> >
> > Normalization would have you eliminate the NULL by having another
> > relation whose candidate key is the same as your original table, but
> > those records whose attribute is NULL would simply not be present in
> > the child table.
> >
> > Another possible solution is to define your own type with an internal
> > status for 'Not a valid value'...
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Mike Mascari
> > mascarm@mascari.com