Isolation levels READ UNCOMMITTED and REPEATABLE READ

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Isolation levels READ UNCOMMITTED and REPEATABLE READ
Дата
Re: Isolation levels READ UNCOMMITTED and REPEATABLE READ  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I think we could allow users to set the transaction isolation level to
READ UNCOMMITTED or REPEATABLE READ and internally behave like READ
COMMITTED or SERIALIZABLE, respectively.  The SQL standard seems to allow
this:

[speaking about SET TRANSACTION]
        5) The isolation level of TXN is set to an implementation-defined           isolation level that will not
exhibitany of the phenomena that           the explicit or implicit <level of isolation> would not exhibit,
asspecified in Table 10, "SQL-transaction isolation levels and           the three phenomena".

This says that the SQL implementation can always isolate more than the
user requested, just not less.

If we did this, it would make the SQL interface more complete at little
cost.

Comments?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src/template bsdi freebsd netbsd
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src/template bsdi freebsd