Re: 7.4 status

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: 7.4 status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera writes:

> While reviewing someone else's translation of pg_dump I noted that the
> phrase "ACL list" is used in a couple of places.  However ACL stands for
> "Access Control List", so the term "ACL list" seems redundant.

These kinds of redundancies are pretty common for the sake of clarity and
the flow of the language.  Even major so-called "Usage Panels" accept
them.

The thing being parsed here is an array of datums of type "aclitem", so
the term "ACL list" is rather unclear anyway.  But I hesitate to change it
now because we wanted to call a string freeze.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net