Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> You are assuming it is easy to find what is on a specific line of the
> dump file.  I am not sure that is always easy for people with limited
> Unix skills, or MSWin folks.  I am not sure I would have thought to add
> the file offset to find the problem COPY line.  I guess I would have
> eventually, but it wouldn't have been my first idea, and I might _not_
> have used -f on the load, and if the load took an hour, I would have to
> run it again to get that line number.

That is all besides the point.  If adding -f to the command line is for
some reason prohibitive, then the same applies to -e.  That is all.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)