Re:

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gottfried F. Zojer writes:

> 1) Did somebody a compile with the Intel ICC inclusive performance logging

There have been varying degrees of success with the Intel compiler suite.
The 7.4 development branch can be compiled with icc, earlier versions not
without extra hacking.  Some people have reported slight performance
improvements, but in general PostgreSQL is I/O bound, so it shouldn't
matter much.  Others have also reported that binaries generated by icc
corrupt the database or don't start at all.  See the archives for details.
My opinion is that it's not really worth the trouble.

> 2) Is there a hint where to find in the source the REGEX module

src/backend/regexp

> and is there any connection to inheritance of table.(module ???).

No.

> 3) Is there a short description for shared memory use in PostgreSQL

You can find some small hints at

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

but there isn't really any developer-level documentation for that.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net