Re: encoding again

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: encoding again
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kathy Zhu writes:

> 1) the sorting is based on unicode value, not EUC_CN encoding value.

The sorting is always based on the server encoding.  There is no way to
change that.

> 2) I wrote the ResultSet to a file by using OutputStreamWriter(file, "EUC_CN"). The
> file is not readable from the browser with any charset setting.

That is a problem in whatever client interface that is (Java?) or your
browser.

> 3) Changing client_encoding from UNICODE to EUC_CN actually alter/loose the data if
> you compare the above "select *" statements.

You're going to have to be a bit more specific, because many of us can't
identify the characters or see what is wrong with them.

Also, try a more recent PostgreSQL version, such as 7.3.4.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net