Re: Field collection in trigger

От darren@crystalballinc.com
Тема Re: Field collection in trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Try the following using pltcl

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS TRIGGER AS '

  foreach id [array names OLD] {
    if { $OLD($id) != $NEW($id) {
       # do your logging in here or flags whatever you wish
    }
  }
  return [array get NEW]
' LANGUAGE 'pltcl';

HTH

Darren

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Josué Maldonado wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> Thanks for anwsers, do you have some sample code or URL where I can get
> more info on this. I don't know C or Perl but really need to get this done.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug McNaught wrote:
>
> >Josué Maldonado <josue@lamundial.hn> writes:
> >

> >>Hello list,
> >>
> >>First of all, excuse me if this is not the right place to ask my question.
> >>
> >>Is there a way in postgresql to loop to all the fields of a  given
> >>table and compare the OLD and NEW value for each field. I need to make
> >>an audit table that must contain only the fields changed after and
> >>insert/update.
> >>

> >You should be able to do this in a Perl or C trigger.  It can't be
> >done in PL/pgSQL without writing a custom trigger for each table that
> >hard-codes all the field names.
> >
> >-Doug

> >TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
> >      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
> >      message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Darren Ferguson

От: Andreas Fromm
Сообщение: inserting via "on insert" rule
От: CSN
Сообщение: sort ignoring the, a, ...