read commited

От Dennis Björklund
Тема read commited
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
The first part in the doc about concurrency with Read Commited
transactions (12.2.1 in devel doc) it says:

| Read Committed is the default isolation level in PostgreSQL.
| When a transaction runs on this isolation level, a SELECT query
| sees only data committed before the query began; it never sees
| either uncommitted data or changes committed during query
| execution by concurrent transactions.

And that describes serializable transactions. Read committed means that
you _can_ see changes commited by other transactions.

This have been in the manual since the 6.x days, which is very strange.
Either I'm reading this wrong in some way, or the manual have been wrong
since the start of time (or something)..

--
/Dennis