Re: Restoring a postgres database

От Dennis Björklund
Тема Re: Restoring a postgres database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> In fact, you could take the ultra pessimistic route and change pg_dump to
> dump in such a way that it will always work. That should be possible. Say
> in the order:

That is probably simplest way even if the dumps will be ugly. There might
also be some places in pg where you can't make the change needed to do it
like this. But pg have been getting a lot better in this respect with a
nice sql syntax to do things that you previously could only do by changing
system tables.

> I've never had a database with recursive dependancies so maybe I'm
> underestimating the problems here.

I've had it several times, and I don't think it's that uncommon.

--
/Dennis