Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL

От Achilleus Mantzios
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
PostgreSQL (as being a really advanced RDBMS),
generally requires some tuning in order to get
the best performance.

Your best bet is to try both.

Also check to see IF mysql has
-Referential integrity
-subselects
-transactions
-(other usefull features like arrays,user defined types,etc..)
(its probable that you will need some of the above)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Rafal Kedziorski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anybody tested PostgreSQL 7.3.x tables agains MySQL 4.0.12/13 with InnoDB?
>

> Regards,
> Rafal

Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer
IT dept
Dynacom Tankers Mngmt
Nikis 4, Glyfada
Athens 16610
Greece
tel:    +30-210-8981112
fax:    +30-210-8981877
email:  achill at matrix dot gatewaynet dot com
        mantzios at softlab dot ece dot ntua dot gr