Re: Patch to be verbose about being unable to read

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Patch to be verbose about being unable to read
Дата
Re: Patch to be verbose about being unable to read ~/.pgpasss...  (Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>)
Список pgsql-patches
Sean Chittenden writes:

> Howdy.  Quick chump patch: if libpq finds a ~/.pgpass but can't stat
> it, print something to stderr letting the user know.  If someone went
> out of their way to put a .pgpass file in place, if they can't read
> it, it seems worth while to alert them to the fact that it's not being
> used (ex: root creates a .pgpass file but forgets to chown it).

You cannot assume that stderr is meaningful in all applications using
libpq.  (Consider PHP.)  I think you need to report this using the normal
error reporting mechanism.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net