Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
scott.marlowe writes:

> That reminds me, did we get the date parsing fixed so that you can't
> insert 22/03/2003 into a european database (or conversely, 03/22/2003 into
> a US database) ?  I.e the problem where the date parser assumed you meant
> it the other way...

I vaguely recall that we wanted to provide some kind of configuration
option to make the date format checking more strict.  If I'm mistaken, I
would certainly be in favor of it now.  But exactly how strict it ought to
be is up for discussion.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net