Re: default locale considered harmful? (was Re: [GENERAL]

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: default locale considered harmful? (was Re: [GENERAL]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
scott.marlowe writes:

> If it comes down to it, we could always require a --locale setting and
> refuse to initdb without it.  That way, whether it's in an RPM or from
> source, somebody somewhere along the line has to choose something.

By default, you choose when you install or configure your operating
system.  In most cases, the region where you install your operating system
and the region where you run your database is the same, so equating these
settings by default is reasonable.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net