Re: default locale considered harmful? (was Re: [GENERAL]

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: default locale considered harmful? (was Re: [GENERAL]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Peter has provided a hack whereby one can create a LIKE-supporting index
> in a non-C locale.  But a *default* index in a non-C locale is still not
> going to support LIKE ... and the hacked index will not support ordinary
> comparison or ordering operators.  So I think there's still a lot left
> to be desired here.

I don't understand why you call this a hack.  Pattern matching and string
comparison simply work differently, so the proper solution is to use
different operator classes.  After all, that's what operator classes exist
for.  What is left to be desired?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net