Re: default locale considered harmful? (was Re: [GENERAL]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: default locale considered harmful? (was Re: [GENERAL]
Дата
Re: default locale considered harmful? (was Re: [GENERAL]  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> So, my understanding is that you would create something such as:
>     CREATE INDEX iix ON tab (LIKE col)
> and that does LIKE lookups and knows how to do col LIKE 'abc%', but it
> can't be used for >= or ORDER BY, but it can be used for equality tests?

Hm.  Right at the moment, it wouldn't be used for equality tests unless
you spelled equality as "a ~=~ b".  I wonder whether that's necessary
though; couldn't we dispense with that operator and use ordinary
equality as the BTEqual member of these opclasses?  Are there any
locales that claim that not-physically-identical strings are equal?