Re: Testing for int64 (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/ /configure

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Testing for int64 (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/ /configure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I think a reasonable choice in cross-compiling situations would be to
> assume int64 works if we have a long long int datatype, but to force use
> of our own snprintf rather than trusting to luck with the platform's.

That's approximately what's happening.  Formerly it insisted on doing a
run check to detect the int64 type.  Now it does a compile check when
cross-compiling.

For the snprintf format detection we obviously don't have that chance.  I
just refactored the code a little and added a cache variable so the
advanced cross-compiling user can override the check with known values.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net