getpeereid() for local ident

От Alex Cichowski
Тема getpeereid() for local ident
Дата
Re: getpeereid() for local ident  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches
Regarding the following "openbsd getpeereid(), local ident:" thread on the
pgsql-patches list, Nov 2002:

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Please send over the patch and I will see if I can get it in.  I had
> meant to add getpeereid() for OpenBSD myself but never go the time.
> William Ahern wrote:
> > there's a patch for getpeereid() dated Dec 3, 2001. a follow-up post
> > said that something like it was already in, but "not using
> > getpeereid". however, openbsd only supports getpeereid(). will this
> > patch be implemented?

I needed the local ident authentication feature on OpenBSD and it seemed
simple enough, so I implemented it myself. I have attached my patch, which
was made for the 7.3.1 source tree. (The patch referenced above seems to
add a new authentication method rather than extending the current local
ident support.)