Re: SQL flagger

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: SQL flagger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fernando Nasser writes:

> THe SQL Flagger is only required for Intermediate SQL.  SQL'92 23.4 says Entry
> SQL may, but are not required to.

SQL 92 is obsolete.  In SQL 99 and later it's a core feature.

> If I understood it correctly, we only need a new elog level and add a few elog
> calls in some of gram.y clauses...

As was already mentioned, you cannot evaluate run-time parameters (which
the flagger would be) in gram.y because of some transaction issues.  You
need to do it in the analyze phase after the parser.

"A few" is also an optimistic statement.  While the majority of the
utility commands can be rejected outright, getting the details right to a
usable degree on the rest is tricky.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net