Re: JDBC3 and DataSource

От Aaron Mulder
Тема Re: JDBC3 and DataSource
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Michael Ansley wrote:
> I've just compiled a PG 7.3, and wanted to compile the JDBC driver for JBoss.
> I'm going to need the DataSource thingy, but with a JDK 1.4, how do I get
> that?  Ant seems to see the JDK version, and build JDBC 3 which seems to not
> have the enterprise features (DataSource in particular).  Any help greatly
> appreciated.

    First of all, you don't need the DataSource for JBoss.  JBoss has
its own DataSource implementation, for which you just need a normal JDBC
driver.

    But if you do get a current copy from CVS, and compile under 1.4
("cd src/interfacdes/jdbc;cvs up -dP;make clean;make"), you should get the
DataSources, since JDK 1.4 itself includes the prerequisites for building
them.  Do you see "Configured build for the JDBC3 edition driver" in the
output of "make"?  After a "make clean" does it compile 52 source files?
What do you get if you "jar -tf jars/postgresql.jar | grep DataSource"?
I get:

org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jdbc3PoolingDataSource.class
org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jdbc3SimpleDataSource.class
org/postgresql/jdbc2/optional/BaseDataSource.class
org/postgresql/jdbc2/optional/PoolingDataSource$1.class
org/postgresql/jdbc2/optional/PoolingDataSource.class
org/postgresql/jdbc2/optional/SimpleDataSource.class

Aaron

Сообщение: Re: setUseServerPrepare & typecasts
Сообщение: Re: setUseServerPrepare & typecasts