Re: [PORTS] PostgreSQL supported platform report and a

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [PORTS] PostgreSQL supported platform report and a
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Billy G. Allie writes:

> I disagree that it's a new feature.  The code to add the -rpath (-R) option
> was already there.  My patch made it more useful in that the additional search
> libraries are now placed in the -rpath (-R) option.

Yeah, you're doing additional things, so it's a new feature.  The fact
that you were able to reuse existing code is commendable but does not
create an exception.

> As to doing it on all platforms, that would be a decision for the
> maintainers of that platforms port.

The "rpath" feature behaves consistently across platforms and PostgreSQL
makes consistent use of it, so it does not qualify as a porting issue.
The last thing I'd want to see is that every platform looks for the
libraries in different ways.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net