Newbie: More readline woes.

От john-paul delaney
Тема Newbie: More readline woes.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello List...

I'm trying to install postgresql 7.2.3 after removing
the rpm installation (which worked ok with readline) on RH7.3.  My problem is
that the output of configure states:
checking for readline... no
with the result that postgresql installs ok but I don't have any command-line
history.  Readline .so files are installed on /usr/lib and the header files in
/usr/include/readline.

This is my configure command:

./configure  --enable-multibyte '--enable-nls='it fr de'
--with-openssl=/usr/share/ssl --enable-syslog --with-includes=/usr/include
--with-libraries=/usr/lib

Any suggestions to figure out why it's not recognizing readline already
installed are greatly appreciated.

(If I install from rpms command-line history works - but I'd like to use the latest version and install to
/usr/local/pgsqlinstead of redhat's default /usr/lib/pgsql)

thanks
/j-p.

JUSTATEST Art Online
http://www.justatest.com