parser error: 9223372036854775807

От Aurangzeb M. Agha
Тема parser error: 9223372036854775807
Дата
Re: parser error: 9223372036854775807  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm having an issue moving my DB from from Win (Cygwin) to Linux 7.2.  If
I go from Linux to Cygwin, no probs, everything works fine, creates a new
database beautifully.

However, if I take the exact same DB (which contains data) and try the
following on Linux:

    %> psql -d cmsdb -f cmsdb.sql

I get the following:

psql:cmsdb.sql:12: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near
"9223372036854775807"
psql:cmsdb.sql:27: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit
index 'ratingcontentandtype_pkey' for table 'rating'

Any table with a serial decleration has this problem, and the serial
tables don't get built.  I wondered if this was due to a MAXINT issue on
Linux, so I wrote a small C program wher I found out that the MAXINT and
LONG are both: 2147483647 -- The catch is that the same is true on my Win
box.

What's going on here, and what can I do to get around this problem?

We're on Postgres 7.1.

    Thx,
    Aurangzeb

--
Aurangzeb M. Agha    | Email : aagha@bigfoot.com
                     | Home  : +3 010 8959.558
34 Nafsika St.       | Direct: +3 010 8995.875
Voula 16673          | Mobile: TBD
Greece               | Voice : 415 412 4234 (US Only)
                     | e-Fax : 978 246.0770
PGP ID: 0x68B3A763   |

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little

                    - Benjamin Franklin