Re: inline newNode()

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: inline newNode()
Дата
Re: inline newNode()  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane writes:

> If you use memset() instead of MemSet(), I'm afraid you're going to blow
> off most of the performance gain this was supposed to achieve.

Can someone explain to me why memset() would ever be better than MemSet()?

Also, shouldn't GCC (at least 3.0 or later) inline memset() automatically?

What's the result of using -finline (or your favorite compiler's
inlining flag)?

And has someone wondered why the GEQO code needs so many new nodes?
Perhaps a more lightweight data representation for internal use could be
appropriate?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net