Re: tweak CREATE SEQUENCE grammar

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: tweak CREATE SEQUENCE grammar
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Neil Conway writes:

> > [spec defines different syntax to ] set the current value, define
> > "serial" columns
>
> Can you point me to where in the standard these are defined? (I looked
> briefly but couldn't find it.)

The current value is set with ALTER SEQUENCE name RESTART WITH value;
(11.63).  "serial" columns are defined like

    foo int GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY [(sequence options)]

(11.4).

> This passage suggests to me that sequences can contain holes (4.22,
> p.71):

You're right.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: tweak CREATE SEQUENCE grammar
Сообщение: Re: tweak CREATE SEQUENCE grammar