Re: ecpg hackery to get ecpg to compile from FreeBSD ports...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ecpg hackery to get ecpg to compile from FreeBSD ports...
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Sean Chittenden writes:

> This is anecdotal for the archives, but the problem was that when
> building with krb5, I had (wrongly?) appended krb5-config's --cflags
> output to the CFLAGS for the build...  which, nine times out of ten,
> was exactly the same as what was used with the --with-includes.  If
> they're different, the person's horked, but that should be a minority
> of the time.  Anyway, just an FYI.

The foo-config scripts are invariably bogus[*] -- don't use them.
Especially if you're building in a predictable environment such as the
ports tree you don't even need it since the location is known.

[*] at least those that claim to give you the full CFLAGS, unlike
pg_config

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net