Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src/include/port hpux.h

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src/include/port hpux.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> What I'm currently thinking we should do is default largefile support to
> off in HPUX < 11.0; is there a convenient way to accomplish that in
> autoconf?

Something like this maybe (before AC_SYS_LARGEFILE):

case $host_os in hpuxZYX*)
if test "${enable_largefile+set}" != set; then
enable_largefile=no
fi
esac

I found an HP whitepaper on the large file support and it seems they don't
have the problem of missing declarations.

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/os/lgfiles4.pdf

Note the example in section 6.4.1.  On page 37 they grep the preprocessed
source and somehow manage to get a declaration of __lseek64() in there.
Maybe it's a later OS release.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net