Re: swedish pg_controldata

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: swedish pg_controldata
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Dennis Björklund writes:

> Here is a swedish translation for pg_controldata.
>
> Remember to add sv to nls.mk

Will do.

> I never know what version number I should put in to the translation. Now I
> put in "Project-Id-Version: PostgreSQL 7.2.2", but that is not true, and
> 7.3 would not be true either. If someone have a comment about that, please
> tell me.

The authorative answer is that it doesn't matter.  The field is there, so
it's reasonable to fill it with something.  I suggest that we stick to the
major version of the branch you're working on, so it'd be 7.3 right now
and for the rest of the 7.3.* series.

> I have also added a small patch for some strings that where not marked in
> pg_controldata. I have not added these to the sv.po file.
>
> I think strings like "IN_PRODUCTION" should also be changed in english. I
> would rather have "IN PRODUCTION" or "In production". These strings are
> only for displaying to the user, they don't have to match the #defines in
> the program (like DB_IN_PRODUCTION).

These strings reflect the internal symbols of the values in the respective
field, which, I would say, is an artifact of the original hackish nature
of pg_controldata.  But now that it's an official tool we should change
them to something human readable, as you suggest.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net