Re: [SQL] LIMIT 1 FOR UPDATE or FOR UPDATE LIMIT 1?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [SQL] LIMIT 1 FOR UPDATE or FOR UPDATE LIMIT 1?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian dijo:

> OK, no one has commented on this, so I guess I am going to have to guess
> the group's preference.
>
> My guess, seeing as very few probably use LIMIT and FOR UPDATE together,
> is to swap them and document it in the release notes.  Was I correct in
> my guess?

Is it possible to support both ways for a couple of releases? Mention
the backwards one as "deprecated" in release notes, and drop it in 7.4.

"On the other flipper, one wrong move and we're Fatal Exceptions"
(T.U.X.: Term Unit X  - http://www.thelinuxreview.com/TUX/)