Re: Separating data sets in a table

От Andreas Tille
Тема Re: Separating data sets in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 26 Aug 2002, Oliver Elphick wrote:

>     Create a temporary table (no constraints)
>
>         CREATE TEMP TABLE temptable AS
>           (SELECT * FROM tablename LIMIT 1);
>         DELETE FROM temptable;
>
>     Copy all data into the temporary table
>
>         COPY temptable FROM 'filepath';
Up to this point I have no problems.  The difference is that I have to
mark the invalid data sets by a flag which represents a "reason" why
the data were invalid.  That's why I use an additional flag in the
table and I do not use a temporary table because I have to store the
"histrory" of invalid data (to bother the provider of the data to
fix it).

>     Select from the temporary table all items that satisfy the
>     constraints, insert them into the real table and delete them from
>     the temporary table:
>
>         BEGIN;
>         INSERT INTO tablename (SELECT * FROM temptable WHERE ...);
>         DELETE FROM temptable WHERE ...;
>         COMMIT;
>
>     All good data should now be in place.  The temporary table should
>     now contain only those items that do not satisfy the constraints for
>     the real table.
This was in  my first atempt here.
The problem I have is that I need a JOIN to a further table and
I've got errors from the parser which let me guess that joins are not
allowed in INSERT statements ... at least I do not know how to do it
right if it should be possible.  That's why I had the idea just to
set a certain flag and then do the insert of all data sets where flag = OK.

Kind regards
        Andreas.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Gaetano Mendola"
Сообщение: unsubscribe
От: Oliver Elphick
Сообщение: Re: Separating data sets in a table