Re: Large file support available

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Large file support available
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii writes:

> Are you sure that backend gains more performance than 1GB segmented
> file (I mean large file support turn on LET_OS_MANAGE_FILESIZE)?

No idea.  My change only enables access to large files, it doesn't change
the segmentation logic in the backend.  The main use at this point is for
pg_dump-related activities.

In fact, while the large file support API can handle 64-bit offsets, its
availability and use don't guarantee that the file system will support any
particular file size.  So the segmentation logic in the backend isn't
going anywhere, as far as I'm concerned.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net