Re: adding PGPASSWORDFILE to libpq

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: adding PGPASSWORDFILE to libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut dijo:

> Alvaro Herrera writes:
>
> > Currently the format for the file should be
> >
> > host:port:database:user:password
>
> I think just the password.  If you need a different password, select a
> different file.

All right, maybe there's not a lot of people who will use more than one
password, but who wants to deal with the inconvenience of having lots of
files with passwords if you can have only one?

> The sort of format you propose makes it much too convenient for users to
> build password databases in files, which kind of defeats the point of
> passwords.

What's wrong with providing "too much convenience"?  The file is/should
protected from other users anyway, which I think is the whole point.

Having different files and being forced to identify them by their name or
location is a kind of "password database" anyway.

"La espina, desde que nace, ya pincha" (Proverbio africano)

Сообщение: Re: adding PGPASSWORDFILE to libpq
Сообщение: Re: adding PGPASSWORDFILE to libpq