Re: SQL Comments

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: SQL Comments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Copeland writes:

> Don't know about you, but IMHO, typing something like "\v" (or some such
> flag) is a a heck of a lot easier than pulling a string from my back
> pocket, ":VERSION" (where ever that came from), and knowing that there
> is a function called version() which I have to select from to obtain the
> back-end version.

If we put the psql version in the welcome screen, half of this argument is
obsolete.  And select version() is rather common knowledge.  Rather than
creating new ways to invoke the same functionality that only differ in the
number of keystrokes, let's do something genuinely better, such as issuing
a warning if the versions mismatch.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net