Re: Data Corruption

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Data Corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Massoud dijo:

> I have been getting minor (repairable) data corruption on a
> regular basis.  This is where some field's contents get
> partially changed to funny characters.
[...]

> I seriously considering downgrading to lower release of
> postgres.

Don't do that.  The cases where corruption has appeared in data until
now in recent releases (say from 7.0) have always had something to do
with bad hardware; RAM, mostly.

So you better start testing memory.  Probably memtest86 can help you.

"Saca el libro que tu religion considere como el indicado para encontrar la
oracion que traiga paz a tu alma. Luego rebootea el computador
y ve si funciona" (Carlos Duclos)

Сообщение: Re: Serials: removing the holes? (consecutive)
Сообщение: Re: Serials: removing the holes? (consecutive)