Re: Password sub-process ...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Password sub-process ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway writes:

> However, it would be useful to be able to do something like this -- how
> about something like the following:
>
>     - the auth system contains a list of 'auth domains' -- an identifier
>       similar to a schema name
>
>     - the combination of (domain, username) must be unique -- i.e. a
>       username is unique within a domain
>
>     - each database exists within a single domain; a domain can have 0,
>       1, or many databases
>
>     - by default, the system ships with a single auth domain; when a
>       user is created, the admin can specify the domain in which the
>       user exists, otherwise it defaults to the default domain
>
> Anyway, just thinking out loud -- that may or may not make any sense...

Actually, I was thinking just about the same thing.  Essentially you're
proposing virtual hosting, where "domain" is the same thing as a virtual
host URI.  Somewhere you'd need a configuration file that maps request
parameters (host and port, basically) to a domain (not sure if I'd use
that name, though).  I like it.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net