Re: plpgsql and Schemas

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: plpgsql and Schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor writes:

> I've been running a few functions within schema's.  It's annoying that
> everything needs to be qualified as it doesn't allow the functions to be
> moved very easily.

> Would it be appropriate for the function to have it's own schema as
> pre-pended onto the user path while in the users function?

The SQL standard has rules on how the effective schema path during a
function execution is determined.  In a nutshell, it allows you to specify
the path as an attribute of the containing schema.  E.g.,
   CREATE SCHEMA foo PATH here, there;

I haven't thought this through, but you might want to think about it.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net