Re: help needed with CREATE CONVERSION

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: help needed with CREATE CONVERSION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane dijo:

> Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> writes:
> > I encountered a problem while implementing new CREATE
> > CONVERSION. Since converion procs are dynamically invoked while doing
> > an encoding conversion, it might fail for some reasons:
>
> > (2) buggy conversion proc is defined by a user
>
> This I think we have to be concerned about; there will always be the
> possibility of a failure in the conversion proc.
>
> > Problem is, in any case mentioned above, an ERROR is raised and
> > backend tries to send an error message which again raise an ERROR. As
> > a result, backend goes into an infinite loop.

What about having a separate elog() category that evades the conversion
stuff, so if something fails in character conversion it doesn't get
called again?  Some way to ``disable'' recursion in elog().

Licensee shall have no right to use the Licensed Software
for productive or commercial use. (Licencia de StarOffice 6.0 beta)