Re: [INTERFACES] [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От Bradley Baetz
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org
Дата
Re: [INTERFACES] [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
<delurk - reading from the archives, so please cc me on responses>

Note that before bugzilla really supports postgresql, we (ie the bugzilla
team) are going to need DROP COLUMN support, as well as support for
changing a field's type. This is because thats how upgrades are done, when
new features change the bz schema.

See
http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/webtools/bugzilla/checksetup.pl#2193
and below for the code. Lots of it is currently mysql specific, and could
easily be wrapped in helper functions - some of it already is. That won't
help if there isn't an easy way to use the functionality, though.

Reclaiming the disk space is also really needed, because upgrading a
bugzilla installation could change a table multiple times, and requirng
all that extra disk space will probably be an issue with most admins.

Bradley