Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian dijo:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > I can never figure this out ... what is so difficult about 'Postgres-Q-L'?
>
> Beats me, but when the Addison-Wesley publisher called to talk to me
> about doing a book, he called is Postgre.  I knew we were in trouble.

Lots of people here calls it "Postgre", even something like "Postgree"
(Postgri in spanish).  Others say "Postgre-S-Q-L".  But the vast
majority uses plain "Postgres".  I have yet to meet somebody who says
"Postgres-Q-L".

I think the pronunciation is really counter-intuitive.  Not that it's
difficult to say; I think it's difficult to read.

"God is real, unless declared as int"