Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne dijo:

> > > 2. What should I do about inheritance?  I'm going to implement
> > it, but are
> > > there issues?  It will basically drop the column with the same
> > name in all
> > > child tables.  Is that correct behaviour?
> >
> > What happens if I drop an inherited column in a child table?  Maybe it
> > works, but what happens when I SELECT the column in the parent table?
>
> I don't know?  Tom?
>
> Well, what happens if you rename a column in a child table?  Same problem?

It merrily renames the column in the child table (I tried it).  When
SELECTing the parent, bogus data appears.  Looks like a bug to me.
Maybe the ALTER TABLE ...  RENAME COLUMN code should check for inherited
columns before renaming them.

One man's impedance mismatch is another man's layer of abstraction.
(Lincoln Yeoh)

Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN