handling refcursors

От Stuart Robinson
Тема handling refcursors
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I'm trying to use a function that returns a refcursor in a web
application.

I followed the example code I found at this URL (as suggested on this
mailing list):

http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1354157.

I wound up writing this code inside of my base factory class:

System.out.println("-- SQL: " + stmt);
ps = con.prepareStatement(stmt);
ps = bindSelectStmt(ps, obj, selectCase);
ResultSet rs = ps.executeQuery();
rs.next();
String cursorName = rs.getString(1);
System.out.println("-- CURSOR NAME: " + cursorName);
rs = ps.executeQuery("fetch all from " + cursorName);

But when I try running that, I get the following output from
Tomcat:

-- SQL: SELECT get_examples_by_entry_id(?)
-- CURSOR NAME: <unnamed cursor 1>
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "<"

I believe the exception is caused by the cursor name, which I know from
the system-out to be:

<unnamed cursor 1>

Any ideas as to what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.