Re: initdb

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Pablo Morales dijo:

Hola:

> I've gotta problem with initdb, the first time I initialized the base, it
> went on ok, , under the /data directory I had template1, and a test database
> I created, a few days ago, I have some problems an decided to intialize it
> again, to begin from scratch, but initdb does not create the same
> directories structure, instead it creates directories with number names, ej,
> 14556, 1, 15555, and inside those directories, archives with the same
> patern,  for example 000000000.

Starting with 7.1, files and directories are named using their OID
rather than name.  This allows for example for rolling back a DROP TABLE
statement and other "cool stuff Oracle doesn't have" :-)

Anyway seems pretty difficult to have some file named 0000000000000000
in your database directories; that kind of thing is restricted to
pg_xlog.

> This happened on Suse  and FreeBSD, at home I've got red hat and it's
> working fine, but do not know if it's a bug or if it will happen in my red
> hat machine.

It will happen as soon as you upgrade.  It's a feature, not a bug.  You
can use contrib/oid2name for looking up the names.

"El destino baraja y nosotros jugamos" (A. Schopenhauer)