Re: Postgres Function Problem

От Achilleus Mantzios
Тема Re: Postgres Function Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Sandeep Chibber wrote:

Why dont you just pass a string??

e.g.

String wholeStatement = "select yourfunction("+YourArg1+","+YourArg2+")";

DataSource ds = ... get datasource ...;
Connection con = ds.getConnection();
PreparedStatement st = con.prepareStatement(wholeStatement);

ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery();

> Hi,
>
> I am Sandeep Chibber from vReach Solutions. We are using postgres functions with java beans. There is no problem with
simplepostgres functions which have Simple select statements WITHOUT where clause. But when we have sql statements in
the postgres function in which WHERE clause is used ,then we have problem of passing values to the WHERE clause.Like in
thefollowing function,how to pass values to $1 an $2 through my java program. In DB2 we use
CallableStatement.setString(1,"user_id)to set values to user_id of string(varchar) datatype. Postgres has some other
way,which we are not able to locate.

> CREATE FUNCTION tester7 ( varchar, varchar ) returns setof ICDN_EVENTREG as '  SELECT * FROM    ICDN_EVENTREG
WHERE    ICDN_EVENTREG.USER_ID = $1 AND ICDN_EVENTREG.PASSWORD = $2    ;' LANGUAGE SQL

> The table structure is as follows
>
> CREATE TABLE ICDN_EVENTREG  (  USER_ID VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL ,   PASSWORD VARCHAR(16) ,   EMAIL VARCHAR(80) ,
DEPARTMENTVARCHAR(30) ,   FIRST_NAME VARCHAR(30) ,  LAST_NAME VARCHAR(30) ,    DESIGNATION VARCHAR(30) ,  TYPE
VARCHAR(15),  STATUS VARCHAR(15) DEFAULT 'Pending') ;

> So kindly guide us how to pass values to the $1,$2 in WHERE clause through our java beans and also how to execute
thisfunction in the pgAdmin II

--
Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer