Re: Performance issues with compaq server

От Holger Marzen
Тема Re: Performance issues with compaq server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9 May 2002, Doug McNaught wrote:

> Holger Marzen <holger@marzen.de> writes:
>
> > Is there a rule in SQL standards that describes what should happen if
> > some statemens in a transaction fail and the program issues a commit?
>
> I think PG's is standard behavior; that's kind of the whole point of
> having transactions.

- rolling back the whole transaction if you do a COMMIT
  or
- keeping the changes until the first failing statement and ignoring
  everything that follows if you do a COMMIT

?

--
PGP/GPG Key-ID:
http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB5A1AFE1

Сообщение: Re: Performance issues with compaq server
Сообщение: Re: Performance issues with compaq server